vintage pink

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ahh, the car seat

So for those of you that don't know, my sweet baby girl DESPISES her car seat. Most little kids can easily be put to sleep by taking them for a drive. But not my little one. You think at some point she would cry herself to sleep, or at least realize that she wasn't getting out of the silly car seat. But she is stubborn, just like her mother. She will scream at the top of her lungs relentlessly until someone removes her. Not only that, but she has a rather unfortunate 6th sense that provides her with the ability to promptly awaken from even the deepest sleep when placed in her car seat.
Today I had a doctor's appointment in Murray. I fed her and got her to sleep, but when I attempted to buckle her into the infamous car seat, her little blue eyes flew open and the screaming commenced. I had to listen to her heart-wrenching cries all the way down to the doctor's office and all the way back. It's amazing how difficult it is to drive with her so upset the whole way. It is truly exhausting.
When I finally turned onto my street, the crying suddenly stopped. She has such great timing! She had fallen asleep. I thought I should commemorate the moment - my daughter was actually asleep in her car seat! Aw, relish the moment with me.... even if it did come about two hours too late.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

lol she's such a little stink! But a darn cute one that is :)

Eight for Eternity said...

gotta love Emee! I love the picts! You have an adorable family! Thanks for everything this weekend! Love you guys lots and lots!

Megan said...

I'm glad to say I can't relate as Cooper is a first class traveler. Hopefully it will get better as she gets older, but if she's got her mom's stubborness...watch out! :) (I'm just teasing about that last part...)

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece