vintage pink

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Emslee's First Oreo

Before I had kids, I had all these lofty expectations for myself. I swore I wouldn't give my child any processed, refined sugars until they were at least a year old. I swore my child would NEVER sleep in my bed, I swore that my child would never make a scene in a restaurant or other public place.....ahh, the naivety of the inexperienced mother.
I honestly did think it would be fairly easy not to give Emslee sugar for at least a year. I mean, she didn't even start eating solids regularly until she was 8 months old. I only had four months to go. Not that difficult, right? Yeah, right. Each and every time any of us had a cookie, or candy, or soda, or anything that I didn't want her to have, that was the only thing she wanted. I finally relented and gave her an Oreo. She loved it! (and I was just grateful Jason was the one holding her when I gave it to her.) I'm such a cheater. :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

THat is so funny! I also love the makeup pictures! She is so fun to watch grow! HOpe the mint oreos don't get eaten! NOw that would be fun, especially when you change her diaper!

Tiffany said...

hahaha :) I could tell you stories of all the things I swore I would never do, yet did ;) I'm sure I'll add to that list as time goes on. She seriously is so dang cute!

Eight for Eternity said...

I love that she is soooo happy with chocolate! Like mother like daughter. What high hopes you held for yourself, welcome to reality!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece