vintage pink

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Huh?!

While attending my adorable niece Darby's blessing yesterday, Emslee and I were spending a considerable amount of time in the foyer. Having sacrament meeting smack dab in the middle of her afternoon nap has the ability to make church interesting...
Anyway, while there, a complete stranger walked up to me, snatched Emslee out of my arms and proceeded to tell me that she knew how to get my baby to sleep and that I was doing it all wrong. EXCUSE ME? To add insult to injury, she then began telling me that the pacifiers I am using are not the correct size for Emee's mouth and that I needed to get the special "orthopedic" ones. Hellooo...she's brilliant. Orthopedic??? Are you sure you didn't mean Orthodontic?!
I just love well-meaning strangers.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nice :) I've had some of those moments. I oscillate between smiling and thanking them for their help, and popping them a good one right in the smacker ;) No one has been knocked out yet, so I guess it's a good thing, right :)

Nicholas Tanner said...

WHAT?! How come I didn't know this story? Ooh, now I'm dying to know who it was! Don't you just love people that have an opinion about EVERYTHING! Thanks SO much for coming this weekend. I seriously had the best time:) And thanks for all of your help!

Kristen said...

Hehehe... I've had so many experiences like this... I was on the subway last summer in New York, and Camie was chewing on an unopened candy bar (in order to keep her from screaming in the small subway car and disrupting the passengers) and a lady across the seat from me looked at me in astonishment and asked, "Do you know she is sucking on a WRAPPER????" like she was going to choke and die right then and there. So I just smiled and said, yep, she is fine and looked the other way. So funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets uninvited advice!!

Sara said...

That is so horribly funny! I can't believe what some people will do!
So are you going to get the special kind of pacy? I hope they don't cause athletes mouth!

Love ya!
Sara

Jennifer said...

Yeah, that probably wouldn't have sat well with me. What a weirdy!

nikki said...

Oh my gosh!!! Was she older or younger?

Jason & Jill said...

She was around my same age, which made it all the weirder. I would have expected something like that from an old "grandma" type...

Megan said...

Wow, I have yet to have that one happen, I'm surprised you didn't say anything back...you've mellowed a lot! :) Thanks for adding me as a blog reader!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece