vintage pink

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rodeo Weekend

This past weekend we went to Preston for The Famous Preston Night Rodeo. Okay, so we didn't actually go to the rodeo. We didn't think Emslee would handle sitting through it very well. Going home during rodeo weekend has become a tradition of sorts, so we packed up and trekked up there.
We had such a fun time! We went to the parade, swam in my parent's big ol' pool, had lunch with my friends from high school, shopped the sidewalk sales, and celebrated Jason's birthday. It was so great! I got to see my besties from high school and their ADORABLE little boys. What beautiful kids! Not to mention all the other people from high school I ran in to. It was fun reminiscing. The parade was fun, but it certainly made me sad to see how small the high school band has become. It used to be HUGE when I was in school. Ah well, all good things must come to an end I guess.

While we were shopping the sidewalk sales, I found this cute little sun hat for 3 dollars. I just couldn't resist! Emee just kept smiling at Todd while we waited for the parade to start. What a beautiful little girl, if I do say so myself!

5 comments:

Karyn Tanner said...

Sis I just have to say that your little family is so adorable!! I love your new blog layout by the way...

Megan said...

I'm so jealous you got to go home....I'm hoping we'll make it up there next year! Sounds like you had lots of fun! :)

Eight for Eternity said...

I love the way Emslee is looking at Jason. She loves him so much, and you too of course. I love the hat!!! She is adorable!!!

Jason & Jill said...

Ah, Kate you're sweet. But that's actually Todd that she's grinning at. Guess she likes him a bit too. :)

Jennifer said...

It's amazing how much Emslee has grown. Wow! It's such a bittersweet experience watching your child grow up isn't it? She really is darling! Good job Jilly (oh... and Jason too) :)

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece