vintage pink

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!


My husband is truly the greatest guy ever! This last week I have been super stressed about getting everything ready for our baby to make her arrival into our lives. When I first found out we were expecting, I decided to make all of our baby girl's bedding by hand. Last Thursday night Karyn and I went to Preston to begin the sewing process with my very skilled mother. I was in such a hurry when we left, I left my house in quite the uproar. It was a mess.
We were at my parent's house until Saturday afternoon, and I was dreading coming home to the mess I had left. To my wonderful surprise, when I walked in the door my house was spotless! The bathroom had been cleaned, the floors vacuumed, and all the laundry was even washed, folded and put away. Jason had even put together our new stroller for Emslee. It was amazing!
As if that wasn't enough of a Valentine's present, in my bedroom I found a dozen red roses, an adorable pink teddy bear, a balloon, and chocolate covered strawberries! It was the most amazing Valentine's Day yet!
To top the day off Jason, Karyn, our friend Tyler and I went to dinner, bowling, went out for frozen custard, and then went for a drive to admire all the amazing homes on the east side of Bountiful. It was so much fun!
I am so grateful to have a husband that somehow keeps me level-headed and sane even when I feel the pressure and stress making my head want to explode. He is so thoughtful and kind. I have decided in this last week that I truly don't deserve him. But I'll keep him - he's the best ever! I love you babe!

2 comments:

Caranna said...

WOW! That really is the best present ever!! There's nothing I like better than help around the house, especially when I don't expect it - and I would take help with the laundry ANY DAY! I am so impressed.
And then gifts and a date to top it all off! What a great day for you!

Try not to stress too much about getting everything ready - once you have that sweet baby in your arms you'll be so glad that she's here that everything else won't matter so much after all....

You're amazing, have a great day Jill!

Jani Jo said...

Wow Jason-- great job! YOu two are a very good couple because you truly bring out the best in each other! I am so happy you had a super/lovey V-Day. Please post pics of Emslee's room & bedding!!!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece