vintage pink

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

37 weeks today!

Today marks my official "to-term" date. My midwives say I could have this baby any day now. I cannot imagine better news! It could still take another 3 weeks, but hey I say we try to be optimistic!
At times I feel like this pregnancy has flown by, and then at other times it seems to have lasted an eternity. Thankfully it has been rather uneventful, other than 7 months of puking nonstop. I've started up with the whole nausea, vomiting nonsense again. Can I just verbalize what an annoyance it is when otherwise well-meaning people say, "Aren't you supposed to be over that by now?" Gee, you think so? Thanks! I'll get right on that! (Like I'm doing it by choice.....hmm maybe I do just want attention.)
Jason and I went and toured the hospital where I will be delivering her, and it made it all seem so much more real. I'm actually really excited about the hospital that we chose. It's up to date with all the new medical advances and tons of perks both for the mother and the "support persons." (aka, Jason and my cute mom.)
At first I was overwhelmed by the very thought of giving birth, but at this point I can't wait! I'm ready to do this! Keep your fingers crossed for me - I would love to have this baby early! (With my luck, she'll come super late.)

6 comments:

KatieLarson said...

So exciting! I was sick for all ten months, or 40 weeks. I know how it is and I hated it! I am so excited for you both to see your baby for the first time...what a wonderful moment. Don't forget the camera! We almost did!

Tiffany said...

Yay! You are almost there :) My sis in law that is due the same day as you had a major melt down when she went in this week and the doctor didn't change her due date to this week :) I don't think she had even dialated or anything...she was crushed! It gets hard when you get so close and you are just "done." But one way or another...in another month,she will be here in all her cuddelicious glory, and you will have this whole motherhood thing down! :)

Jani Jo said...

"Only 3 weeks to go.!" Gosh, you don't have to rub it in... jk Jill! You know how excited we are to kiss that darling little Emslee:)

Kylie said...

I really think you should stop making your self throw up Jill. It just not cool :) I'm excited for you to get baby Emslee here!

Carebear said...

LOVE to hear how you're doing! Good luck with these last few weeks! I want to see PICTURES of YOU!!! I know you may not feel like you want to take a picture of yourself right now, but your baby will want it... and eventually so will you! Love you, cuz!! PLUS I really want to see that cute belly!

Lubbers said...

Congrats! I saw the cute pic of your new sweet baby Emslee! I'm so excited for you guys. I hope all is going well!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece