vintage pink

Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm gonna be a mommy...?

With only 5 weeks left to go, I've had the chance to really think about what lies ahead for myself and my little family. I'm so excited to have a baby and to be a mother. This last weekend my mom helped me get the cradle all ready with the new sheets, pillow, bumper pad, and quilt. It is so CUTE! And so very PINK! I finally feel ready for little Emslee to join our home. It's amazing how attached you can become to someone you've never even met. But she and I have certainly spent a lot of quality time together....especially at 3 a.m. when she decides it's time to start kicking mommy as hard as she possibly can.
Jason is so thrilled to become a father. Who would have expected that? He has never been around kids much, well until he married into my family, that is. Lately he's been like a little kid at Christmas, who can see that wrapped present under the tree and just can't wait to open it.
It's amazing how something you never expected or planned for can change your life in such a positive and exciting way. It's true that a baby changes everything. But I wouldn't go back for the world.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Jill, I'm so excited for you! Your little girl is so blessed to be coming to your home! Sorry I couldn't make the baby shower, it was my mom-in-law's b-day. Once she's here, may we come visit you?

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece