vintage pink

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Millions of Peaches

This past week I spent a few days in Preston, canning peaches with my mom. We were really ambitious when we bought the peaches - we got FOUR bushels. (What can I say? We negotiated a good price on them.) Everything was going fine, we had down a great system and were working away nicely. Until....
My parent's garbage dispos-all literally THREW UP all over the place. Ugh. What a mess! We got it cleaned up, but my mom and I couldn't figure out how to get the plumbing put back together. We enlisted the help of Jason, who put things back together for us. We got back to work, but an hour later water started seeping out of the cabinet under the sink. Double UGH! We finally relented and called a plumber. After only fifteen minutes in the kitchen, everything was fixed! Yay!
After 82 quarts, we finished our peach adventure and may I say, they are beautiful. I had so much fun with my mom! We get to be pretty darn hilarious when we're cooped up in a kitchen for hours on end. (Just ask Jason.)
Yay for Fall and for peaches and for Moms!

1 comment:

Eight for Eternity said...

I am soooo jealous! Sounds like a blast, and your peaches look sooooo yummy! We will have to plan a trip to do it together next fall. Love you1 Save me some peaches. ;)

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece