vintage pink

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jocelyn's Baptism & Our Albuquerque Trip

My sweet, oldest niece got baptized earlier this month. (By the way, how on earth did I get this old?) Originally Jason, Emee, and I were going to fly to Albuquerque to be there for Jocelyn's special day. However, there have been some recent struggles with Jason's health that made us rethink our plans. I decided to put the nix on it all. Jason wasn't up to traveling and I felt bad leaving him behind so I could go. I toyed with the idea of hitching a ride down with my parents and Todd, but I felt like the drive would be torturous for my energetic, active little girl. I was so disappointed I wouldn't be there. Jason knew how much I wanted to go, and a mere week before, he told me he had found me a plane ticket that he was going to buy. Yay!
We had a great time. Emslee adored playing with her cousins, and I adored spending some much-needed time with my sister and her sweet family. Jocelyn looked absolutely gorgeous on her big day, and oh-so-grown up. I just love her!
 My mom, Katie, and I made these super-fancy butterfly cupcakes for the luncheon after Jocelyn's baptism. They took some time, but we had a lot of fun with those hours we spent chatting in the kitchen.
 My sweet mama and Katie, in the middle of cupcake mania 2011.
The last photo of Jocelyn before she became a member of the Church. (Don't mind the silly face she's making, the sun was hurting her eyes.)
For the luncheon my dad made homemade root beer. The kids were fascinated by the dry ice. So fun!
 Isn't she simply b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l? My mom made her dress, and was so nervous it wouldn't fit. Thankfully, it fit Jocelyn just like a glove. Amazing.
Little Emslee playing at Jocelyn's luncheon.
We are so glad we got to come play. Thanks to the Troumbleys for having us!

1 comment:

Eight for Eternity said...

We are still so grateful for you guys coming, and Jason giving you up for the weekend!! We just love you guys, and are sooo grateful to have you in our lives! Thanks for being part of such a special day with us!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece