vintage pink

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Raging Waters



This past weekend my family came down from Preston to have one last "play day" before life gets too hectic with school and everything. We had Sunday dinner together seated at our new dining room set. Yay! I love it - it's beautiful! Then we played Yahtzee, which I won :) and watched a movie. It was a great day!
Monday morning we got up and went to Raging Waters. My dad spent most of the first couple hours chillin on his lawn chair in the shade. We finally convinced him to go on some of the slides. On his first ride down he managed to lose his tube and flip himself over, in the process smacking his face on the side of the slide. At first it just looked like his eye was going to be a little swollen, but by the time we got home he had quite the shiner! His eye looked pretty beat up. I wonder if he will ever let us talk him into anything again???



Here are Josh and Todd taking turns trying to make it across the water on the ropes. Josh made it the whole way without falling in - must be that military training. Todd gave it a good faith effort, and managed to make it about half the way across. We had so much fun! Oh, and only minimal sunburns. Thank heavens for 100 spf sunscreen!

2 comments:

Eight for Eternity said...

I am soooo jealous. HOW FUN! We will have to plan a swimming trip next summer when we all could get together maybe?

Jani Jo said...

That looks like TONS of fun, but poor dad!! I love Emslee's little fisy swimsuit.

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece