vintage pink

Friday, April 23, 2010

Things I've learned

I've been thinking a bit lately about how much life has changed in the last 13 blissfully wonderful months. I feel like I've learned a lot along the way, and figured I would jot it down so that I don't forget.
Watching someone else discover the world is WAY more fun than discovering it for yourself~A kiss can fix almost any owie~Motherhood takes the patience of Job~I have never felt so tired~I have never felt so fulfilled~Everything feels easier in the morning light~Every little girl needs her daddy to be her superhero~Sometimes the dishes don't get done, and that is perfectly okay~This is harder than it looks~This is easier than I expected~Pick your battles~So glad I have my mom to give me advice~Never doubt your instincts~Remember to count to ten~Emee shredded the toilet paper...again...calm down, it's not that big of a deal~Well-meaning strangers are not to be taken seriously~And even some well-meaning relatives~Nobody knows my child like I know my child~I have the best job EVER!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I couldn't have said it better...amen :)

Jani Jo said...

Love it Jill:) You make me happy. And you are a SUPER-DUPER mom!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece