vintage pink

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

13 MoNtHs!!

The Many Faces of Miss Emslee Jo




At 13 months, Emslee is getting to be pretty mobile. She's walking, unsteadily, and not for long distances but seeing as how she took her first step in February, this has been a long time in coming. It seems that overnight she has begun talking. Yep, that's right. Talking. And not just jibberish either. I've been absolutely amazed at everything she suddenly knows how to say. She can say
Mommy
Daddy
Josh
Todd
Baby
Bobby - (she says this while signing please...so I'm guessing in her world it means please??)
I Love You (you have to listen closely for this one - it sounds a lot like i wug ooo)
Bye Bye
Thank you (also known as Aay ooo)
She is certainly growing up too fast! She is the cutest little pseudo-mommy. She drags her baby doll around by the arm all the time, saying baby baby baby and giving her kisses. She loves to eat green beans, macaroni and cheese, cookies, and her favorite drink is cow's milk.
She still despises her car seat, but we've finally gotten to the point that she falls asleep by the time I get to the corner on our street, so I can handle her fussing about it for the 2.5 seconds that she actually does.
She still has a Texas-size crush on her Uncle Josh. He can tell her she stinks and it still makes her smile. He just has a way with her, and she adores him.
We are so grateful for our beautiful little lady. She makes every day an adventure!

4 comments:

AK girl said...

I miss my cute little niece!

Eight for Eternity said...

AAWWW she is so stinkin adorable! I just lover her! I can't believe how fast time is flying by with her! Tell her Aunt Katie says to slow down a bit :)

Sara said...

I love it! She is a crack up! At the shower I totally fell in love with her smile!
I agree, she is growing up really fast! Don't you wish she would slow down!
You are doing a great job, keep up the great work and raising that adorable little girl!
Those pictures are very cute!

Melodie said...

She is adorable Jill!! I miss hanging out with both of you! You are such a good mom and have raised such a beautiful little girl! She is seriously the cutest thing ever! I love you guys! :)

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece