vintage pink

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November 17th

As I sit in Jason's cold, dim hospital room, I am grateful for a myriad of things.

I am grateful for:
  • My husband. His strength, his valor, and his perpetual optimism. For anyone that knows me, they know that I HATE staying in the hospital. I despise being woken up every few hours, I loathe the uncomfortable hospital beds, and hospital food leaves a LOT to be desired. I don't know if Jason has just become accustomed to it or what, but these unplanned hospital stays don't even seem to phase him anymore. He is my hero.
  • Wi-Fi. Yes, I know it sounds silly, even petty at this point. But I sincerely appreciate that I can be here at my husband's bedside and still get my homework done so I can stay caught up with my classes.
  • Capable doctors, caring nurses, friendly aides and technicians. I have never had an experience as comforting and reassuring when it comes to dealing with the medical profession as this one has been.
  • AMAZING FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I am so so so grateful for all the concern and support that has been shown by all those who love and care about our little family. I am especially grateful for Karyn. She was my knight in shining armor yesterday. I have the tendency to behave like an emotional basket case when faced with the unknown. Karyn dropped everything to run to my aid and help me with Emee. I am also deeply indebted to my younger brother Josh. When everything happened yesterday he drove four hours round-trip to come and give Jason a blessing. His actions were the type that make me so humble. I hope that if I were in the same situation I would behave with such compassion. To add to the list, I am so thankful for Cortney, my mom, and all the others who have offered to watch Emslee. Hanging out in the hospital is a difficult task for a curious, adventurous toddler. I am grateful beyond words that she gets to play at home with people she loves who love her back.
  • Phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond to each individually, but I sincerely appreciate knowing everyone's thoughts and prayers are with us.

5 comments:

Eight for Eternity said...

We love you Jason, Jill, and Emee! So sorry you have to do a hospital stay, but I am so grateful you caught it when you did! Wish we could do more for you all, but are very grateful you have family and friends who are like family close enough to help you through this tough time!

Tiffany said...

We love you guys! We are close by, please know you can call anytime. You're all in our prayers.

Kristen said...

I'm sorry for all that you are going through right now, and that is awesome you are seeing the positives in all of it!

Hang in there girl, you & the fam will be in our prayers.

The Willeyes said...

Sorry you are having to go through this. Please know if you need anything, I am happy to help!

EmmaP said...

i'm with you on the hospital stuff. not a fan, and I've had my fair share. I can also be a basket case too. It happens. That is why God made sure you have the awesome support system you obviously have!

Beautiful Tanner Girls

Beautiful Tanner Girls
Me with my Mom, Sisters, and Niece